Check out Facebook for
the most current news on the band
Some cross-posts below ...
Encore, Un Effort! drops
Milky Wimpshake's newish album Encore, Un Effort!
is out! Buy the album at Cargo Records
, Google Play
, etc. Stream the album at Spotify
Fortuna Pop! have put up two videos, for Putting Things Right
and Le Revolution Politique
. My blurb and efforts at lyric transcription coming soon. I promise my French transcription will be significantly less accurate than my British English transcription.
The reviews are sharp and warm:
- "Still indebted to the unfailing euphony of C86, Encore, Un Effort! is smart, noisy and typically lyrically hilarious." London in Stereo
- "An excellent rendition of what made Indie-Pop so thrilling in the first place." For the Rabbits
- "Chock full of idiosyncratic indie punk, Pete Dale’s honest wit is on sharp form on the likes of Sexual Deviant and the exuberant and frantic Parachute Drop. ... Most tracks weigh in at barely two minutes, offering an album of short and sharp melodic punk with considerable charm." NARC
- "Lovingly naff, long-running Geordie indie poppers Milky Wimpshake distil 22 years of gawky romanticism and social comment into something akin to a career-defining record. Just be prepared to leave your gloomy pretensions at the door." The 405
- "Each song on Encore, Un Effort! is simple, yet deftly hewn, inhabiting the space between classic indie moves and punk-pop . . . Many of the songs are fiercely political, too, in a refreshingly upfront, unapologetic way. A welcome return." Uncut
- "An utterly enjoyable blend of indie with a foot in both the 'punk' and 'folk' camps and lyrics that are at the same time witty, political and romantic." Louder than War
- "If Milky Wimpshake have ever fretted about a creative impasse in their 20-years-plus lifespan, it doesn’t show. ‘Encore, Un Effort!’, the Newcastle trio’s seventh album, follows the template of its six predecessors – jangly, malcontent indie-pop with a serrated punk edge." NME